What is a carbon footprint? A carbon footprint is the total amount of greenhouse gases which are generated by our actions.
Here at William Allen (Bolton) Limited we have always strived to identify elements within the business which can be improved in order to reduce the effects of our carbon footprint.
We continue to invest in our existing operation to ensure we are proactive in our approach to reducing our carbon footprint.
- All fleet vehicles are Euro 6 Emissions compliant.
- Anti idling technology fitted.
- Driver training courses based around fuel efficient driving.
- Assigning our Transport Manager as our Fuel and Emissions Champion.
- Vehicle telematics to monitor fuel usage, Co2, NoX and Particle Matter emissions in line with FORS Silver standards.
Warehousing and Offices
- Warehouse lighting replaced with motion sensor LED lighting systems.
- Electricity provider switched to renewable energy.
- New Toyota electric fork lift truck built to a spec for container devanning – this will replace over 140 hours per year of diesel usage.
- Maximise waste recycling and reuse efficiencies.
Our commitment is to continually monitor, invest and improve our operation to reduce our carbon footprint throughout our entire operation.